Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious for coffee lovers and a wonderful way to use up this morning's cold coffee for an afternoon shake. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1980).
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup cold coffee, the stronger the better
- 1 banana
- sugar, to taste (optional)
- chocolate shavings, to garnish (optional)
- whipped cream, to garnish (optional)
- Process the first three ingredients (ice cream- banana) in a blender until smooth and thick. Add sugar if desired.
- Pour into 2 glasses (or 1 large glass) and garnish with shaved chocolate and whipped cream, if desired.
What can I say except another 5 stars :D. Made as directed except I used chocolate no sugar added ice cream (what I had). Pure delight.
What a nice little treat for my granddaughter and myself. I added a teaspoon of instant espresso coffee mix and still found the taste not quite coffee enough for me. Next time I'll be using coffee ice cream also. No sugar added. DGD Carly says "tell her Thank You, this is yummy" Made for Kaffee Klatch, March Photo Challenge.
Banana with coffee?!? sounds weird,but I was willing to take a chance since I had ripened bananas here and I did want to drink coffee shake too!And oh my,I'm so glad I did although I didn't add sugar since the bananas were sweet enough and I added ice cubes to the coffee in the blender. It's like having a banana split ice cream in a shake form.I just love it! Thanks, Ellie!