A chocolaty after dinner (or anytime) coffee. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (April 1984)
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk, scalded
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 2 3⁄4 cups fresh brewed coffee
- In a food processor combine chocolate, sugar and cinnamon, chopping using 3 on/off turns and then finish processing until mixture is fine.
- With machine running pour hot milk and vanilla through food tube and blend until chocolate is melted (10 seconds). *Can be prepared ahead to this point and refrigerated for up to 2 days, bringing to room temperature before proceeding.
- With the food processor running pour cream through food tube, processing until thick.
- Reheat chocolate mixture in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in coffee.
- Pour into cups, topping with whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation