Recipe by SJG3483
A light, easy dessert. Perfect for when you are sitting around with friends.
Top Review by irene2000
I found this recipe in Bon Appetit Every-Night Cooking (2001) and have made it twice, once using light sour cream and then a small nonfat Greek yourt and light sour cream. Added walnuts too. Both times the middle of the cake was not baked. Taste is great. Any suggestions besides muffins for solving undercooked middle? My cake is also lighter than picture.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9" square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Combine yogurt, banana, oil, egg and vanilla in another bowl.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir gently until just blended- do not overmix.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 400 until top of cake is light brown and edges begin to pull away from sides of pan Loosen sides of cake, allow it to cool, and then remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.