Recipe by Manda
WOW! Get this...a very low-fat muffin recipe that actually tastes great!! After failing at many attempts to create a really tasty, low-fat muffin, I came across this recipe, and it is really good...great for dieters!
Top Review by Rav
These were fantastic, I added 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1/2 cup of rolled oats to the recipe. The muffins turned out moist, packed with flavour and what can I say about the chocolate chips.....
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk or 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
- Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.