Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
WOW! Get this...a very low-fat muffin recipe that actually tastes great!! After failing at many attempts to create a really tasty, low-fat muffin, I came across this recipe, and it is really good...great for dieters!
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk or 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
- Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
These were fantastic, I added 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1/2 cup of rolled oats to the recipe. The muffins turned out moist, packed with flavour and what can I say about the chocolate chips.....
These muffins were delicious! VERY MOIST!! I took the other reviewers advice and added the applesauce and oatmeal - it was wonderful! I also increased the chocolate chips to 1/2 cup - I'm a chocoholic! I will definately make these again. I also found that it only took 25 minutes to cook in my oven. Thanks for posting
These were fantastic!! Easy, fluffy, moist, and very tasty! I added only 1/4 cup each of sugar, brown sugar, and chocolate chips. I added 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and an extra 1/2 tsp of baking soda so they were lighter. Made 12 beautiful, fragrant muffins. My family agreed that these were the best banana muffins we've ever had -- and we've been using family recipes for years. Thank you for the wonderful and healthy recipe!