Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
This recipe is very versatile because it can be made in the form of muffins, bread or CAKE! If you like, you can add a bit less sugar and leave out the chocolate chips and make it more appropriate for breakfast/brunch. Walnut are are great addition, but are by no means necessary. I think these are amazing just as they are. From: Joy of Vegan Baking! Please note: Cook time for MUFFINS is stated below. If baking as a "bread" or cake it should probably bake for 40-45 minutes
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 4 bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (nondairy)
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Prehaet oven to 350 degrees.
- Line you muffin tins with liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the sgar and oil together.
- Then add mashed bananas.
- Stir in water and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture and the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin tin with about 2 full TBSP of the batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- *mine took exactly 25 minutes to be perfect!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I make these muffins EVERY week now and get rave reviews from my vegan AND non-vegan friends! I tweaked the recipe a tiny bit - I don't add any sugar, but instead use 6 over-ripe bananas - it's still sweet. Also, I add 1 cup of ground walnuts and then use 1 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour - they are moist and amazing!