Top Review by kaec
I used Splenda and egg beaters. These were really good and I like these more than applesauce brownies (better texture) but I think they could be a little more chocolaty as the banana flavor really came alive after baking so I will add more cocoa next time and less cooking time to make them fudgey and a little less cake like. But I will be making theses often, thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large banana (very ripe)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Coat 9 inches square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cocoa, milk powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- Puree banana, sugar, egg whites, buttermilk and vanilla in food processor until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and pulse just until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into 2 inches squares.