Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Coat 9 inches square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cocoa, milk powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- Puree banana, sugar, egg whites, buttermilk and vanilla in food processor until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and pulse just until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into 2 inches squares.
I used Splenda and egg beaters. These were really good and I like these more than applesauce brownies (better texture) but I think they could be a little more chocolaty as the banana flavor really came alive after baking so I will add more cocoa next time and less cooking time to make them fudgey and a little less cake like. But I will be making theses often, thanks for sharing!
While this is not the best brownie recipe I have ever made, it is by far the best fat free baked good I have ever made. My husband had already eaten one before I told him they were fat free and he was shocked; it didn't have the texture that most fat free baked goods do. I used skim milk with lemon juice added instead of the buttermilk, and 2/3 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of splenda. By making those changes I was able to get the calorie count down enough that each serving (at 16 servings) is 1 WW point. I did have to cook for about 4 minutes longer then stated, but I think that might be because my pan was 8x8 and therefore they were thicker. Yummy!!
Very good. I used splenda instead of sugar and the 2% milk with a tsp vinegar sub for the butter milk. We thought it was very good and we will make it again. Thanks for posting. Ward