Recipe by Gingerbear
This recipe makes 2 pies so if you only want to make 1 pie you will want to cut this in half. You can also use any other pie filling that you like.
Top Review by Oenophilly
This was my husband's favorite pie when he was growing up. I had to get a copy from my MIL, so now he is always trying to get on my good side so that I'll make it; usually it's one pie for him, and one for the rest of the family. I like to add a bit of lemon juice or zest to give it a nice zing.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 bananas (2 per pie)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cans blueberry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, butter, sugar, and pecans in mixer.
- Divide in half and press into pie pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees approx.
- 13 minutes.
- Then remove from oven, let cool.
- Slice 2 bananas for each pie crust and place in bottom of cooled crusts.
- Then mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, cool whip and vanilla.
- Spoon mixture on top of bananas, top with one can of blueberry pie filling per pie.