Recipe by ScrappieDoo
These muffins are jam-packed with fresh berries and are super moist! The tartness of the raspberries is perfectly balanced by the brown sugar and banana. The banana flavor is very light and used to highlight the berries.
Top Review by Torachef 1997
These ended up very dense and heavy - but that may not be the recipe's fault. I wanted to use up berries on hand, and also some old bananas - I used 2 smallish ones. Had to use whole wheat flour as I was out of white. But I loved the interplay of banana and berry flavors, and will try this again. Also, I found that I got 12 muffins from this recipe, and my nutrition calculator showed that (with Splenda to sweeten) they were about 244 calories each.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease muffin cups or use muffin liners.
- Combine flour, white sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1-cup measuring cup; add egg and enough milk to get 1 cup of liquid. Pour this into flour mixture and mix.
- Add mashed banana, then fold in blueberries and raspberries.
- Fill muffin cups to top.
- FOR TOPPING: Combine the topping ingredients. Mix with fork until crumbly and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.