Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar. I hope to prepare it and make any adjustments soon.
Make and share this Banana and Mango Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, Packed
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups self-raising flour (The recipe says to use self-raising cake/pastry flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, Grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, Mashed (Ripe)
- 1 small mango, peeled and pureed (ripe)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, Chopped
- In a bowl, cream the butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- In another bowl, combine self-rising flour with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine mashed bananas with mango puree.
- Mix the dry ingredients and banana mixture, alternately, into the creamed mixture until batter is just combined; fold in raisins and nuts.
- Pour batter into 2 greased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center tests done.
- Leave in pan for 10 minutes; remove from loaf pans and let cool on racks.
SO delicious!!!! I used all-purpose flour because I did not have self-raising. My Bananas were previously frozen, so I drained most of the juice but I still used a little of it. I probably used more mango because I had a bag of frozen pulp (to make smoothies). My cake came extremely moist and with great flavor. A keeper!!! Thanks!
I bought a can of pureed mangoes by mistake and had a black banana, so this recipe was a perfect fit. I halved it, and for a more tropical taste, I substituted toasted coconut and chopped dates for the raisins. And for a tender crumb, I added a couple of tablespoons of yogurt to the beaten sugar-butter-egg mixture. Good texture, good proportions, and overall a really good muffins, especially with the coconut and dates.
I halved the recipe and I dont' know why mine came out crumbly, I use 4 bananas and 1 mango for a total of a cup. Mango taste isn't distinct but more on banana-ey. Maybe increased the mangoes next time