1/2 Photos of Bama's Quick Pancakes
bama jr.'s Note:
Pancakes that can be stirred up as fast as a mix. As a young cook, I tried mixes but most called for an egg and oil. So I thought since I had to get these out anyway, I may as well skip the mix and use my own flour and milk also. This is what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour, sugar, oil, and egg in a bowl. Whisk in milk until smooth.
- 2Pre-heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly oil or grease skillet with vegetable shortening.
- 3Test skillet by using a small amount of batter. It should gently puff up after about 30 seconds.
- 4Discard test piece and ladle about 1/2 cup batter into skillet.
- 5I like to think that I am actually baking on top of the stove. If the skillet is too hot, the outside will burn before the middle is done enough to turn.
- 6Let cook until bubbly on top and under side is a golden brown. flip and cook till golden brown.
- 7I have fun with this by making my childrens initials (thick block style letters). Also, you can drizzle a design on the hot skillet and then ladle pancake batter over this. When flipped, the drizzle design will show up. You can put the batter in a squeeze bottle to really be precise. This really delights small children and lets your 'almost grown' teen-agers know that they will always be your babies.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bama's Quick Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 642.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g