photo by shellabe
- Ready In:
16 depending the size of pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temp
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup oil, melted
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup whole milk or 1/2-1 cup additional buttermilk
- In large bowl,combine dry ingredient . In med bowl, combine wet ingredients except for the whole milk! Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. At this point the batter will be very thick and lumpy. Take a little of the whole milk at a time and stir in just enough so that the batter is profitable, but not to thin. The batter should be a little lumpy.
- Pour about 1/4c. batter onto a lightly greased, hot griddle, but not to hot otherwise the pancakes will not be done on the inside. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes and the sides of pancake will be dull. Cook until golden brown. DO NOT FLATTEN THE PANCAKES TO SEE IF THEY ARE DONE!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!