Recipe by Marie
You will not believe the flavor of this chicken. Make a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, herbs and lemon juice and rub it under the skin of the chicken. Then let the oven do the rest of the work. Recipe found on the internet.
Top Review by Wickedgood@Maine
Perfect! We raise our own chickens and I have used this on some of the larger (5 1/2-6 1/2 pounds) roasters. Free range chickens can be tougher than cage raised and larger chickens can be tougher than 3 - 4 pounders. This recipe seems to help tenderize thighs and legs - and it is yummy flavor as well! Thank you for posting this
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) fryer chickens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add rest of seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- Slip your fingers under the skin of the breast and legs to form a pocket and spoon herb mixture inside.
- Place chicken, breast side up in a shallow roasting pan and bake at 375° for 1 1/4 hours or until done.
- Remove chicken from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.