1/2 Photos of Balsamic-Glazed Pearl Onions
This makes a fantastic side dish to a prime-rib beef roast or a pork roast dinner, or to any beef or pork dish! This will serve about 6 people but can easily be doubled. Use a large package of frozen pearl onions for this recipe, and also fresh pearl onions can be used, just blanch in boiling water, cool then peel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat, then saute the onions until lightly browned (about 5-6 minutes).
- 2Add in balsamic vinegar and water; simmer stirring occasionally until the onions are tender (about 12-15 minutes).
- 3Transfer the onions to a bowl using a slotted spoon (reserve the liquid).
- 4Simmer the reserved liquid until thick and syrupy and reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- 5Season the liquid with salt and pepper and a little sugar if desired.
- 6Transfer the onions back to the skillet and coat with the liquid.
- 7Add in the butter, stirring and heat slightly until the butter has melted.
- 8Transfer to a bowl.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic-Glazed Pearl Onions
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pearl onions