Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (12 ounce) sack Baby Spinach, washed and patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- In a shallow dish, combine balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and steak seasoning.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the mixture and set aside to marinate while you start the beans and spinach.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add in onions, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cook/stir until the onions are a little brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the white wine and chicken stock, bring to a bubble, and cook 5 minutes.
- Heat another large skillet over med-high heat; when it is hot, add the chicken breast; cook 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate, cover loosely with foil and let rest a few minutes.
- Add cannellini beans to the skillet with the onions; stir to combine.
- Cook about 2 minutes or until beans are heated through.
- Turn off the heat and discard bay leaf; stir in the spinach, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Toss and stir until the spinach wilts.
- To serve: place a portion of the white beans and wilted spinach on each plate; thickly slice each chicken breast on an angle and arrange over the beans and spinach.
Suggestion: Make double recipe of the beans and wilted spinach. Great recipe.
Very tasty Chicken and Beans. There seemed to be an awful lot of liquid there in the recipe so I omitted the chicken stock and just used 1 chicken stock cube in addition to the liquid from the beans. Seemed to work all right.