Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Another Balsamic recipe it's all Kiddle's fault !!!!
Top Review by KellyMae
This was a good dish. There didn't seem to be much flavor so it didn't wow me. It was impressive looking, the pears held their shape well. Subbed craisins for the dried cherries. Also used bone-in chicken thighs, so adjusted my cooking time for that.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 bosc pears, not peeled, each cut in half, cored and cut in 8 wedges
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries or 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In nonstick 12 inch skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium -high heat till very hot. Add chicken and cook till golden brown and no pink remains (4-5 min) each side. Transfer to plate; keep warm. In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add pears and cook till tender and golden brown. In cup, blend broth, vinegar, cornstarch, and sugar. Stir broth mixture and dried cherries into skillet with pears. Heat to boiling, stirring and boil 1 minute. Return chicken to pan; heat through.