Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 6 mins
From Grills Gone Wild, printed out at Whole Foods. Note- the 1/2 Cup of Sriracha Sauce produces a spicy marinade, you may opt to cut back on that. Cooking time includes one hour for marinating and 3 minutes per side.
- 18 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 large meridol papaya, peeled and cubed (ripe but firm)
- 1 pineapple, cubed (ripe)
- 1 red onion, cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 skewers
- 1⁄2 cup sriracha sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup coconut water
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
For a Garnish
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry dry roasted salted peanut, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Toss in the shrimp, pineapple, and papaya and let stand for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator (or up to 8 hours).
- Get the grill hot (coals should have a layer of white ash on them) and well oiled (canola oil on a rag is a good way).
- Thread the shrimp, pineapple, papaya, and the onion onto metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Lay them on the grill and cook them for 3 minutes per side or until the shrimp are just done.
- To serve, garnish with a sprinkling of scallions, cilantro and peanuts.