1 hr 26 mins
1 hr 6 mins
mikey & ev's Note:
From Grills Gone Wild, printed out at Whole Foods. Note- the 1/2 Cup of Sriracha Sauce produces a spicy marinade, you may opt to cut back on that. Cooking time includes one hour for marinating and 3 minutes per side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 large meridol papaya, peeled and cubed (ripe but firm)
- 1 pineapple, cubed (ripe)
- 1 red onion, cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 skewers
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
For a Garnish
- 1In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
- 2Toss in the shrimp, pineapple, and papaya and let stand for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator (or up to 8 hours).
- 3Get the grill hot (coals should have a layer of white ash on them) and well oiled (canola oil on a rag is a good way).
- 4Thread the shrimp, pineapple, papaya, and the onion onto metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- 5Lay them on the grill and cook them for 3 minutes per side or until the shrimp are just done.
- 6To serve, garnish with a sprinkling of scallions, cilantro and peanuts.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bali Ha'i Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.2
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 127.6 mg
- Sodium 670.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: