Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are the greatest. They are healthy, all from scratch and I have not met a person yet that has not asked for the recipe. I make these in the morning and dump it all in the crockpot for the day.
- 2 lbs ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, fire roasted and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 8 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In food processor, chop onion and chiles to desired size.
- Brown meat, onion and chiles in a large frying pan.
- While the meat browns, mix up the dry seasonings.
- When meat is browned, drain and add to crockpot with seasoning mixture, tomato sauce and beef broth.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 and stand up taco shells in a baking dish (we use the stand and stuff). Fill each shell with meat, cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and top with desired toppings.