1/1 Photo of Baked Sea Bass With Herbs and Lime
The roasted lime gives this dish that extra 'oomph'. Serve the fish with grilled or steamed vegies and potatoes. Please note, herbs I have used in this recipe is what's available locally.. You may want to try with fresh oregano or marjoram even..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/400F/200°C
- 2Scale the fish well (ask your fishmonger to do it for you) and cut off the fins.
- 3Wash the fish thoroughly under cold running water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- 4Make slashes diagonally across the fish, about 4 cuts on each side.
- 5Place the fish in an oiled roasting tray and brush lightly with some of the oil.
- 6Grate the zest of 1 lime and squeeze the juice.
- 7In a bowl, mix the juice and zest with the chopped herbs, grated garlic and finely sliced red onion and stuff the mixture into the slashes.
- 8Cut the remaining 2 limes in 4s and place alongside the fish.
- 9Season the fish and lime with salt and freshly milled black pepper and drizzle over the remaining oil.
- 10Place the tray on the middle shelf of the oven for about 25-30 minutes (depends on the size of the fish) until the flesh feels just firm when pressed.
- 11If you want to double-check that the fish is cooked, part some of the flesh down to the bone and see if it flakes.
- 12Place the fish on a serving plate and pour the remaining juices from the tray onto the fish.
- 13To serve, place the roasted lime alongside the fish or you may want to squeeze the lime on the fish and then place the squeezed lime on the side for garnish!
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sea Bass With Herbs and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: