If you are a lover of Reubens, then you will love this hot dip! --- serve with toasted cocktail pumpernickle or rye bread slices --- this may be made up to 24 hours in advance then baked.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese (very soft but not melted)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional or adjust to taste)
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml kraft thousand island dressing (or use another popular brand)
- 414.03 ml shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 113.39 g sliced pastrami, chopped (or use Deli corned beef, chopped)
- 118.29-177.44 ml sauerkraut, well drained (hand-squeeze out any excess moisture)
- toasted pumpernickel bread, slices (use cocktail size bread slices, can use cocktail size rye bread, toasted)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 or 10-inch glass pie plate.
- In a bowl combine the soft cream cheese with garlic powder, cayenne pepper (if using) sour cream and Thousand Island dressing; mix vigorously until very smooth.
- Mix in 1-1/4 cups Swiss cheese and the chopped pastrami or corned beef.
- Spread the mixture into the pie plate.
- Top with the sauerkraut, then sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese on top.
- At this point you may cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bake (400 degrees F) for about 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and the mixture is very hot in the middle, you may need a slightly longer baking time if the mixture was chilled.