Recipe by MJaz
I created this recipe when I was trying to make potato salad and the potatoes were too hard. It was a huge hit with my family. I have adapted it over time, but it is still a favorite. Sharp cheddar cheese is awesome, as is Swiss cheese, but if you like milder cheeses, I am sure it would be great too. I used Jalapeno muenster once, and it was also delicious.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup precooked crumbled bacon
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- BOIL the potatoes for about an hour, or till done.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup and sour cream. Mix until well blended.
- Combine potatoes, onion, soup mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese, bacon, and seasonings in a casserole dish with a lid.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes Remove cover and broil on low for about 15 minutes until. cheese is brown and bubbling.