I created this recipe when I was trying to make potato salad and the potatoes were too hard. It was a huge hit with my family. I have adapted it over time, but it is still a favorite. Sharp cheddar cheese is awesome, as is Swiss cheese, but if you like milder cheeses, I am sure it would be great too. I used Jalapeno muenster once, and it was also delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1BOIL the potatoes for about an hour, or till done.
- 2Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine soup and sour cream. Mix until well blended.
- 4Combine potatoes, onion, soup mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese, bacon, and seasonings in a casserole dish with a lid.
- 5Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top.
- 6Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes Remove cover and broil on low for about 15 minutes until. cheese is brown and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Casserole With the Works
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.2
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 618.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g