Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from My Recipe Journey
Make and share this Baked Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large baking potatoes (washed & peeled)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the butter in a large rectangle baking dish and put in the oven until melted.
- Dice the potatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- Swirl them in the melted butter and season with the salt & pepper. Add in the garlic.
- Baked uncovered for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- While still hot add in cream cheese, sour cream, bacon bits and shredded cheddar.
- Toss to combine, scraping the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes. Toss to mix well again.
- Serve warm with chopped chives on top.
- If you want it to be more creamy add a little milk and stir to combine.