Recipe by Shelly #5
This is my idea of comfort food! This recipe was given to me by my mom. (I'm not sure where she got it from!) Sometimes I use chicken instead of pork, and it's still good!
Top Review by Montana-GemBob
Good meal and easy to make. My DW really liked this. The only changes that I made was to season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder before browning them and I added a 6.5oz can of mushroom ends and pieces because we like them. I baked them for exactly 1hr. and the texture was good and the taste wonderful. Thanks for the recipe Shelly. GemBob
- 4 pork chops
- 2 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the bottom of a non-stick pan with a small piece of pork fat from one of the chops.
- Brown chops on both sides over medium heat.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow 2 or 2 1/2 quart casserole. (I use an 8x8 inch square pan.).
- Mix together bread cubes, onion, butter, 2T. water and poultry seasoning. Spread over the pork chops.
- In a bowl, mix the soup and 1/3 cup of water together & pour over the chops and stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until the chops are tender.
- *You can also use Cream of celery or Golden Mushroom soup instead of Cream of Mushroom soup.
- *This recipe can also be prepared up to one day ahead and then refrigerate until ready to bake.