Recipe by Friday's pal
This recipe comes from Taste of Home. It's easy to put together and the chicken turns out moist and tender. I added the wine, because, well, I just like wine with chicken!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half (4)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4" thickness.
- Place flour in resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time.
- Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on each side in 2 T butter.
- Transfer to a greased 11" x 7" x 2" baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter; add salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil; add wine and corn starch.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.