Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Taste of Home, this delicious chicken is baked in a lemon sauce seasoned with basil and thyme. Great served over rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper chicken to your taste.
- In a shallow bowl, place flour and dredge the chicken.
- Set remaining flour aside.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil, then transfer to an ungreased 9" square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter.
- Add reserved flour mixture; whisk to form a thick roux.
- Gradually add broth, lemon juice, basil and thyme and mix well.
- Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Top each half with a lemon slice.
- Sprinkle parsley over.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
This is good. Served with rice and a salad. Thanks, Marie!
This was a really delish light dinner. I served it with boiled parsley mini potatoes and fiddleheads...My BF loved it!
my family couldnt get enough!!!