1/1 Photo of Baked Haddock With Tomato and Cilantro
Jessica Anne's Note:
Easy low-fat way to make baked haddock with tons of flavor! I love baked haddock but my body does not love all of the calories that go along with the rich flavor, so I decided to try a new twist and it's even better. It's fairly easy though there are a lot of ingredients (Which can be removed depending on taste...the most important part is the tomato cilantro fish and scallions!). The presentation of the fish is beautiful with the red and green colors against the breadcrumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g haddock fillet (or 4 medium size fillets)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (I prefer campari tomatoes)
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, cut fine
- 1 stalk scallion (sliced thin)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray (preferably olive or canola blend)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml parsley (optional)
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes (also optional)
- 1Pre-head oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and red pepper flakes. Mix.
- 3Spray a bake dish/pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Place 4 pieces of fish on bake ware, skin side down.
- 5Add a 1/4 tablespoon of olive oil to each piece of fish. spread on fish.
- 6Add the breadcrumb mixture on top of each piece of haddock (about 1/4 cup to each piece of fish, more or less depending on the size of the fillet).
- 7Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile -- add the tomatoes, scallions, cilantro and lemon juice to bowl. Mix together with spoon or fingers.
- 9After the 15 minute cooking time period is up, add the tomato/cilantro mixture to top of each fish and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Haddock With Tomato and Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 1191.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 26.6 g