I have made this a few times using different fish, halibut, haddock and even sole with great results. Points 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces fillets flounder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 bell peppers, red and yellow, 6 ounces each
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 ounces sweet onions, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, 12 ounces total, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon crushed dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the fillets in an oven proof baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Char the bell peppers using either a gas range burner or the broiler.
- 6Quickly place in a paper bag to steam.
- 7Remove when cool enough to handle.
- 8Remove the skin and seeds and chop.
- 9Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 10Sauté the onion and garlic until onions are wilted.
- 11Add the peppers and tomatoes and cook stirring over high heat for 3 minutes.
- 12Stir in the tarragon and vinegar.
- 13Spoon the vegetables over the fish fillets and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the fish is just opaque.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Flounder With Peppers and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 254.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 34.0 g