Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have made this a few times using different fish, halibut, haddock and even sole with great results. Points 4.
- 24 ounces fillets flounder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 bell peppers, red and yellow, 6 ounces each
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 ounces sweet onions, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, 12 ounces total, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon crushed dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the fillets in an oven proof baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Char the bell peppers using either a gas range burner or the broiler.
- Quickly place in a paper bag to steam.
- Remove when cool enough to handle.
- Remove the skin and seeds and chop.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until onions are wilted.
- Add the peppers and tomatoes and cook stirring over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tarragon and vinegar.
- Spoon the vegetables over the fish fillets and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the fish is just opaque.
- Serve immediately.