Recipe by Oolala
From "Down Jersey Cooking" by Joe Colanero. This only serves 2 but you can adjust for more. This can be used with other flat fish fillets too.
- 3⁄4 lb flounder fillets
- oil, for coating baking pan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with oil.
- Place fish on the sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, depending upon thickness, testing with a fork to see if done. As soon as the fish becomes slightly opaque, they are done.
- In the meantime, mix the sauce ingredients and test for seasoning. Top the fillets with the sauce once the fish has cooled a minute after coming out of the oven.