Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A really easy and delish way to slip the veggies in with the pasta and cheese. Kids will eat this! :-)
- 340.19 g uncooked fettuccine
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 411.06 g can Italian-style diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 283.49 g box frozen chopped spinach (thawed, squeezed to drain)
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in garlic, salt and both cans of tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are thoroughly heated.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread half of the fettuccine. Layer with all of the spinach and half of the tomato mixture. Repeat with layers of remaining fettuccine and tomato mixture.
- Add nutmeg to cream, and pour over top of casserole; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.