Recipe by prolifemom
A really easy and delish way to slip the veggies in with the pasta and cheese. Kids will eat this! :-)
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach (thawed, squeezed to drain)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in garlic, salt and both cans of tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are thoroughly heated.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread half of the fettuccine. Layer with all of the spinach and half of the tomato mixture. Repeat with layers of remaining fettuccine and tomato mixture.
- Add nutmeg to cream, and pour over top of casserole; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.