Recipe by out of here
This is a 1940's recipe my mother always cooked. Yes-another corn recipe, but my favorite corn casserole.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup saltine crumbs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 2 cans of corn in a large bowl; add the green pepper, milk, and 1 beaten egg.
- Next put the cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and pepper into the corn mixture; mix well and put into a 2-quart buttered casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.