1/3 Photos of Baked Chickpea Patties With Lemon Herb Yogurt Sauce
This is from the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation's website - haven't tried it yet, but wanted to post it here as I really wanna try it! I've tried some of the others from the site, and they're all pretty healthy and good! I think they'd be great in a tortilla or pita with some diced tomato and cukes...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1In nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, jalapeño, oregano and basil for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Meanwhile, in bowl mash chickpeas using potato masher until smooth. Scrape onion mixture into bowl and stir to combine. Add egg white and parsley and stir until well combined and smooth.
- 3Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and form into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties. Place patties on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in 425° F (220° C) oven for about 20 minutes, turning once halfway through or until golden.
- 4Lemon Herb Yogurt Sauce: Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together yogurt, parsley, mint, garlic, lemon rind and salt. Serve with chickpea patties.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chickpea Patties With Lemon Herb Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 968.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 19.5 g