Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Ready In:
- Process the cottage cheese, eggs and egg whites in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Combine the wheat germ, flour, cinnamon and salt in a medium-sized bowl; mix well.
- Add to food processor bowl or blender and process until blended.
- Heat margarine in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of batter at a time into the skillet with a spoon.
- Cook the pancakes on each side, for about 1 ½ minutes, or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were so yummy! I used fat free cottage cheese, Eggbeaters, oat flour & flax seed for the wheat germ (I find it thickens the batter a bit so it cooks better). The directions were very helpful; definitely wait about 1-2 min for the batter to cook well before flipping or you'll end up with a mess! I used a lot of cinnamon; my favorite spice. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a mom and I love to cook. Started cooking when I was 20, and found I love to do it! I love to experiment with new stuff all the time, and I hate prepackaged foods and recipes that use them, so I always try to figure out the ingredients on my own to copy a recipe. I just don't think that opening a can of baked beans and adding something to it makes for homemade beans!!) My husband had a heart attack last year at the age of 39! So now, we try to eat a lot healthier. I am always looking for ways to get more veggies into him. In my recipes, I never add salt, but I post it here cuz I know most people still like the taste. It takes a while, but you get over it when you cut it out of your cooking. We don't even have a salt shaker anymore. Poor guests! I love that when I post something here, I can see the nutritional breakdown so I know what he can and can't have. I've printed all kinds of recipes that I've found here and made up a heart friendly cookbook for us.