Sweet Potato and Chickpea Patties
A magazine find I'm storing here to try soon.
- Ready In:
- 500 g sweet potatoes, I prefer the orange fleshed one
- 420 g chickpeas, canned, drained, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 4 cups salad leaves, to serve
- Place sweet potato on a microwave-safe plate in a single layer, cover and microwave on high for about 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Transfer to a bowl, add chickpeas and mash until almost smooth.
- Add the couscous, garam masala, garlic, egg salt and pepper.
- Using damp hands, form into 8 patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and cook patties 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
- Combine yoghurt and chutney in a small bowl. Serve patties with mango yoghurt and salad leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
O'kay made this as per recipe, though making it into 16 mini patties (though did not use the greek yogurt mango chutney mix but used recipe #188415 at the DM's request) and the DM was ecstatic when I served (6 patties - 3 in the wrap with baby cos lettuce, sliced tomato and diced cucumer and 3 on the side with a fine slice of recipe #188415 on top and she ate everything - a real winner and I think the same would happen if I used the yoghurt mix. Thank You JustJanS made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.Reply
see 3 more