Zucchini and Chickpea Patties (Vegetarian Too!)
photo by Chilicat
- Ready In:
- In large bowl, COMBINE chickpeas (I used canned), breadcrumbs, grated zucchini, finely diced or grated cloves, cumin, cayenne, egg and coriander.
- HELPFUL HINT: With the back of a fork, break the chickpeas and make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- With hands, form into patties (Makes about 8).
- In frypan, heat pan, then oil (I used extra-virgin olive oil), FRY until brown; remove and place on paper towel to drain.
- I enjoy these with store bought Greek yogurt.
- NOTE: The patties are supposed to be slightly dry; may need to adjust/increase breadcrumbs slightly by 1/4 cup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
5 Stars is not enough, perfect recipe, and so nice, they are very crunchy and take only 5 minutes from beginning to end to make, as I put everything into the food processor, I do the zucchini and garlic a little before then add the rest, I make them each week and freeze them, my favourite herb to add is dill when I do not have coriander. Thanks for posting, I use these as a vegie burger.
These hit the trifecta of my good recipe requirements: nutritious, flavorful, easy to prepare. My husband and I are meat loving omnivores always searching for flavorful vegetarian recipes to dine on a few days a week, and these really hit that mark! I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>G'day! I'm 51, married, born and bred in NY, am now an Aussie who calls Australia home! I love animals, nature, reading, entering competitions and consider myself S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-O-U-S and B-U-B-B-L-Y in my personality! I am quite FASCINATED with people and things U-N-I-Q-U-E, JUST like ME! I am VERY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about cooking and trying recipes from all world cusines! I LOVE to eat and enjoy our South Australian red wine! :)I have started a Home Cook blog which I am EXTREMELY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about called What's On The List? and I hope to be able to inspire people around the world one recipe and one event at a time too! http://whatsonthelist.net So come on over and please let me know what you think too!WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!</p>