Cook2 hrs 20 mins
A very creamy and delicious chicken salad. I love to serve it on a fresh baked croissant. Makes a wonderful lunch item.
- Rinse the chicken breast under cold water and pat dry.
- Arrange the chicken breast on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray, so they will not stick.
- Sprinkle with garlic and onion salt to taste.
- Bake in a 350F oven for about 20 minutes or until done.
- You do not want them to dry out, so watch them carefully.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Dice the chicken breast into small pieces, DO NOT GRIND.
- Add the celery, onion, and pickle relish.
- Mix in some salad dressing to moisten chicken mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You will have to add more salad dressing in about an hour.
- The chicken will soak up the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve on a fresh baked croissant, served with lettuce and tomato, or serve on a fresh bed of lettuce, with apple slices or fresh grapes.
I made a half batch of this tonight to use up some chicken I had made the other day. Really easy to throw together. Had half tonight on a sandwich, and will have the rest tomorrow with tortilia chips. Dh had a little bit on crackers as well. Thanks for sharing!
this was excellent. i used season salt on the chicken instead of the garlic and onion salt. a great meal for a lunch party. thanks
You have to try this recipe....