Baked Greek Chicken Salad
For Zaar Tour 6.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning, $notetemplate1$
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces lettuce
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled diced
- 1 onion
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with spice mixture, recipe #425441.
- Mix together lemon juice and melted butter; pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour, basting, until done, depending on size of your chicken.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Toss lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta cheese, black olives, and fresh spinach. Cover with the cooked chicken strips.
- Mix lemon juice and oil and pour over salad unless you use the creamy Greek dressing.
- If you need a salad dressing other than the lemon and oil one here, you can try recipe #59898 from Evelyn of Athens.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a very simple salad that I converted to vegan for the ~ZWT9~ Make Mine Vegan challenge for team Tasty Testers by swapping out Morningstar Farms Chik'n Strips and Happy Herbivore Vegan Feta Cheese. I also used Recipe #361372 for the black olives which I think pumped up this salad even more. Thanks so much for another great Greek salad Dienia! Also, I forgot to mention it, but I left the butter out altogether and just used lemon juice.
The taste that this chicken has is just the same taste as the chicken we had on holiday in Crete, it took me right back there. The salad was very nice also, but the chicken was the star. I used your recipe#425441#425441 and I will be making this again. It is so so tasty, a very authentic flavour of Greece. Thank you for posting this lovely recipe. Made for ZWT#6 2010.