Maria's Greek Chicken Salad
This light and tasty salad recipe was given to me by a co-worker MANY years ago. I have made it SO many times, it would be hard to believe there are very many out there who haven't gotten a copy !! It doubles (or more) easily. 5/09 UPDATE : Hadn't prepared for a few years, and now have GREEK YOGURT available - works well with mayo. This time I added juice of 1/2 lemon -- added nice fresh tingle !
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts (About 3- 4 breasts)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- lettuce leaf
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cucumber, cheese, and olives.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together parsley, Miracle Whip, yogurt, oregano, and garlic.
- Add to chicken mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve on lettuce (or mixed green) leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful salad! I made this for "Made for Eating Well While Staying Cool/Diabetic Forum and Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013. Delicious. I cut the recipe in half, poached the chicken in chicken broth with the vegies mentioned, used mayo and greek yogurt, added a few plain kalamata olives, a little red onion and served it over a bed of salad greens. What a refreshing salad for such a warm/hot day. Definately will be made again before the summer ends. Thank you for posting.Reply