All the flavor of Buffalo Wings without the fat! Based on a Cooking Light recipe.
Make and share this Baked Buffalo-Style Chicken Tenders recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup fat free blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
- Place egg whites in a shallow dish.
- Place Panko in a shallow dish.
- Working with 1 chicken strip at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in panko. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken strips, flour mixture, egg whites, and panko.
- Lightly coat chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done, turning once.
- Combine hot sauce and Worcestershire in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Drizzle hot sauce mixture over chicken.
- Serve with Blue Cheese.