Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
All the flavor of Buffalo Wings without the fat! Based on a Cooking Light recipe.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup fat free blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
- Place egg whites in a shallow dish.
- Place Panko in a shallow dish.
- Working with 1 chicken strip at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in panko. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken strips, flour mixture, egg whites, and panko.
- Lightly coat chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done, turning once.
- Combine hot sauce and Worcestershire in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Drizzle hot sauce mixture over chicken.
- Serve with Blue Cheese.
Made it first time on Superbowl Sunday. Didn't help my team but tasted awesome!
Wow! So crunchy and delicious. Probably some of the best buffalo chicken strips I've ever had! The kids and husband heartily approve :)
Wow, this is so good! I usually find myself modifying a recipe to suit my tastes, but this one I didn't change at all. Will definitely be making again! Thanks!!