Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A good winter appetizer or movie snack.
- 1 (8 ounce) package brie cheese (with rind)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a small ovenproof dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the Brie in this dish.
- Spread sour cream over brie as though frosting a cake.
- Sprinkle top with brown sugar, then with pecans.
- Dot top with butter.
- Bake until cheese is very soft to the touch, 15-18 minutes.
- Increase heat to 425F and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Brie will be starting to melt on the bottom and the sugar will be bubbling on the top.
- Serve with bread, sliced apples and crackers.
Well you sure don't need anymore steriling reviews but had to add mine to this. I was looking for something fast, easy and impressive to serve to last minute guest with wine and this fit the bill - had everything in the pantry and it was perfect. This is the first time I've ever had "baked" brie but I assure you it won't be the last. Such an unexpected pleasure with the melting cheese against the sweet of the caramilized pecans - YUM, still thinking about it. Not a crumb was left and everyone was looking for more. I made it exactly as listed right down to serving with apples, crackers and home made sourdough baguettes. Thanks to you, I looked like a pro in the kitchen, and DH wants to know when we'll have it again. Thanks Miss Erin for sharing. As an update, made this again with continued rave reviews, but this time found a round "mini" pie dish that was perfect for the round brie and toppings and looked even better - I'm posting a picture of that to show how great it looked.
I decided to make this appetizer for a girls' night at my house and it was a huge hit! I put the ingredients together in a baking dish and left it covered in the refrigerator until I was ready to bake it. No one had tried this before and it was gone before I had a chance to grab seconds! I used more pecans than suggested - I kept adding until the top was completely covered - then added more brown sugar as well. I will definitely make this again! Very easy and very classy.
Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I've probably made this 5 times in the last 2 years for parties, Thanksgiving, etc. Everyone always loves this! It's so easy to put together and had a nice WOW factor. I always serve with crackers and apple slices. Nice change from the usual brie with preserves.