Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A convenient dish that cooks while you're away. Freezes well, too! From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN.
- 2 lbs lean chuck roast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 large carrots, scraped and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, halved
- 1 (20 ounce) canunsalted stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh peas or 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
- Place in a 9x13 inch covered casserole.
- Bake for 3-5 hours- Serve hot.