Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe came from a bowling partner several years ago. It is by far the easiest and tastiest baked bean recipe I've ever used. It can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate large gatherings. I find it handy because I usually have the ingredients on hand to throw it together.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup diced raw bacon
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Place all ingredients together in roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in 325° oven, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir often.
- This recipe can be made in a crockpot, as well.
- Mix all ingredients together in crockpot, set temperature dial to low setting, cook 4-6 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
Loved these beans! I partially cooked my bacon and then also sauteed the green pepper and onion in the bacon grease. Will definitely be making again!!
Great beans! The only thing I would do differently is drain the liquid from one of the cans of beans. They were a bit looser than I normally prefer. Thanks a bunch!
This is a very good recipe. I made this for a bbq this last weekend and it was a huge hit. The kids were even going back for seconds. I agree with other reviewers that the green pepper makes this special. Thank you for sharing with us.