Recipe by Laudee
This recipe came from a bowling partner several years ago. It is by far the easiest and tastiest baked bean recipe I've ever used. It can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate large gatherings. I find it handy because I usually have the ingredients on hand to throw it together.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup diced raw bacon
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients together in roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in 325° oven, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir often.
- This recipe can be made in a crockpot, as well.
- Mix all ingredients together in crockpot, set temperature dial to low setting, cook 4-6 hours.
- Stir occasionally.