Really Good Baked Beans
photo by looneytunesfan
- Ready In:
- 4 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 slices bacon, fried and chopped up
- 1 cup onion, chopped up
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green pepper, chopped up
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- cook bacon and cut in small pieces. Mix with all ingredients and Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.
- Top with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese if desired. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were my first attempt at baked beans. I did leave out the green pepper (I never like it in baked beans.) These are yummy and my family liked them...I ate up all the leftovers! Next time I may leave out the onions and just use dried minced for flavor without the soft texture, and I'll probably double the bacon. Oh, and I halved the recipe to feed our smaller party and it turned out fine. Thanks.
Absolutely delicious. I did half and half ... half with the optional cheese, and half without. Truthfully, I couldn't even TASTE the cheese, so I'll leave it out in the future. (why eat the calories if I can't TASTE them? LOL) These are sweet. I love them!!!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe faith!! **edited I keep forgetting to submit this .. the reason I couldn't taste the cheese? Well , uh .. er ... I read the directions wrong. I MIXED IT IN LOLOL Ok , if it's on TOP then I could taste it LOL *DOH*
YUUMMYY!! These were excellent baked beans. I loved the addition of the bell pepper, it really added a wonderful flavor. I like a thicker sauce so I baked them for 2-1/2 hours instead of 1-1/2 hours. Other than that, I made them exactly as written. My family loved these and gave them two big thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love Family, friends, furbabies, margaritas and cupcakes!