Bacon Brown Sugar Baked Beans
photo by Chef Mommie
- Ready In:
- Drain the beans (do NOT rinse). (If you are baking the beans in the oven, don't drain as much-or not at all.).
- Mix in all other ingredients except bacon.
- If you're in a hurry, microwave for 2 minutes & skip the bacon. (This is my preferred method.).
- Stir and serve.
- Otherwise, put bacon on top and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- Note: all amounts are approximate. Adjust to your taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG, I am so glad to have found this recipe. The first baked bean recipe i have made that everyone liked came from the back of a can of Van Camp's pork and beans. Sadly, i had lost the recipe and could only remember some of the ingredients. These are the best baked beans. I did add some worcestershire sauce to it as well and chopped up the bacon into bits and stirred it in.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay-at-home mom, school volunteer, church volunteer, etc., and I live in Middle Tennessee. I like to read, visit the mountains, crochet, cook, etc. My favorite cookbook at this time is Recipe Hall of Fame Quick & Easy Cookbook. My passions are raising children with good moral character, being a good Christian, and food! My pet peeves are recipe instructions that leave out what to do with one of the ingredients, and people who won't put their shopping carts in the cart corrals! I have twin daughters who are in their second year of college and a son who is 16. My girls' college is close enough that I can come by every couple of weeks or so. When I tell them I'm coming, they ask Are you bearing baked goods?. Usually, I am, to the excitement of their suitemates!