Simple Steamed Green Beans
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs fresh green beans (about 1 inch long)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- Prepare green beans by snapping them or cutting them to approx 1 inch in length and rinsing them.
- Over a pot of boiling water, steam beans for 15-20 minutes (until just tender with a little"bite" to them; Also, to steam I use a covered colander over a Dutch oven filled 1/4th full with water) Remove steamed beans and turn into a serving bowl.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients, seasoning to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation