1/1 Photo of Baked Bean Soup
This is from one of the Moosewood cookbooks. I made a few changes to fit my own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, to taste
- 3 -4 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained (I use ones with onion, celery and green pepper)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1In a large soup pot on medium-high heat, saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent and starting to caramelize, about 8-10 minutes.
- 2Add the carrot and chili powder and continue to cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes more or until carrots are tender.
- 4Stir in the mustard, water, tomatoes, beans, vinegar, molasses and soy sauce.
- 5Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.6
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 713.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g