Recipe by Pepina Rae
These lovely little morsels are fabulous served on most kinds of crackers as appetizers. No doubt they'll be coming back for more!! You can substitute Parmesan cheese for cheddar cheese to give it an Italian flair.
Top Review by susie cooks
This is like a frittata or quiche. I sauteed the oinons in the reserve artichoke marinade. Next time I make this I think I will add a little more bacon and maybe a clove of garlic. I did not serve this with crackers. I just cut into small squares and served as is. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichokes, drained and chopped (reserve liquid)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 large eggs
- 6 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain artichokes, saving liquid.
- Sauté chopped onions in olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into greased 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate. Cut into 1" squares.