Recipe by chefamy
I found this recipes years ago on the Baileys website and it is remembered fondly by all my family and friends as "that delicious cheese cake with the baileys that you don't make often enough!" - served with whipped cream and chocolate curls this is a great treat
Top Review by Debi
I had some trouble with this recipe as it was very liquidy and for the first time, my springform pan sprung a leak and I ended up with a sticky smoking mess in the bottom of my oven.This was about 30 minutes into the baking and it was still very liquidy so I pulled it. We still ate it - was more like a runny pudding but tasted really good! I've been in touch with the chef and she says she always wraps her springform with tinfoil as this recipe is quite runny and does leak. I think my oven would take at least an hour to firm this up, not 40 minutes. Keeping those things in mind - this is definitely worth a revisit.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 3 ounces butter
- 425 g ricotta cheese
- 225 g cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and mix with biscuit crumbs to make base.
- Line bottom and sides of a springform pan with biscuit butter mixture and leave to one side.
- Beat with an electric mixer the ricotta and cream cheese, adding one egg at a time beating in between until well mixed.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and Baileys to the cheese mixture and pour into springform pan.
- Bake in a 180oC oven until mixture is firm and top is just starting to crack.
- Cool in tin and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.