1/2 Photos of Bacon-Wrapped Sea Bass
Tasty grilled fish recipe. Combines nicley the flavors of bacon and fish. Can be prepared in advance, quick, easy and delicious. Serve with crusty bread and green salad. I made this recipe for me and a friend. We only have grilled fish, bread, salad and some white wine and beer. Each of us had one fish. Who needs more on a warm and sunny summer afternoon? It became one of my favorite grilled fish recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the fish
- 1 lb whole sea bass, gutted and scaled
- 8 -10 slices bacon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the grill
- 1Wash fish inside and outside, pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Sprinkle salt into stomach cavity.
- 3Cut the garlic into slices.
- 4Staff the garlic and rosmarin into stomach cavity.
- 5Wrapped the bacon slices around the fish, overlapping slightly. Only head and tailfin should be visible.
- 6You can store the prepared fish for several hours in the fridge. Remove at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- 7Brush a grill pan with olive oil and put 2 rosemary sprigs into the pan to flavor the oil.
- 8Place fish in pan. Put it on medium hot grill.
- 9Grill fish on each side for about 6 minutes. Brush fish with oil if it looks dry.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Wrapped Sea Bass
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1513.3
- Calories from Fat 1059
- Total Fat 117.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.2 g
- Cholesterol 309.1 mg
- Sodium 1819.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 104.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: