1/5 Photos of Bacon-Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Breast
1 hr 10 mins
This is not at all difficult to make --- although you can use uncooked bacon strips I prefer to semi-cook the bacon in the oven first just to release some fat but do not cook until crisp or wrapping it around the chicken will be impossible --- the chicken may be prepared up to one day in advance, which makes this great dinner party food, just cover refrigerate and mix up the sauce when ready to bake :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese with chives (sliced into 8 even squares)
- 16 slices bacon (cooked but not until crisp)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or use all sour cream or mayo)
- 1/4 teaspoon white salt (to taste)
- black pepper
- grated cheddar cheese, to taste (optional)
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Butter a large baking dish.
- 3Pound the chicken breast until flat (pound just enough to roll up easily).
- 4Place 1 slice cream cheese in the middle of each breast.
- 5Roll up the chicken breast (it does not matter if a little of the cream cheese comes out of the sides).
- 6Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast, secure with a toothpick then place into prepared baking dish.
- 7In a bowl mix undiluted soup with Parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, onion, salt and black pepper; mix until well combined then pour over chicken.
- 8Bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- 9Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese (if using) then return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.1
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.6 mg
- Sodium 986.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with chives