Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is not at all difficult to make --- although you can use uncooked bacon strips I prefer to semi-cook the bacon in the oven first just to release some fat but do not cook until crisp or wrapping it around the chicken will be impossible --- the chicken may be prepared up to one day in advance, which makes this great dinner party food, just cover refrigerate and mix up the sauce when ready to bake :)
Top Review by Axe
Excellent! I'm making it for company tonight for the second time. I only use one strip of bacon stretched thin, as the 2 slices gave the dish too much of a 'sausage'/pork flavor. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese with chives (sliced into 8 even squares)
- 16 slices bacon (cooked but not until crisp)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or use all sour cream or mayo)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white salt (to taste)
- black pepper
- grated cheddar cheese, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a large baking dish.
- Pound the chicken breast until flat (pound just enough to roll up easily).
- Place 1 slice cream cheese in the middle of each breast.
- Roll up the chicken breast (it does not matter if a little of the cream cheese comes out of the sides).
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast, secure with a toothpick then place into prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl mix undiluted soup with Parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, onion, salt and black pepper; mix until well combined then pour over chicken.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese (if using) then return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.