Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wrapping the pork in bacon adds a smoky flavor to the pork helps to keep the pork moist while cooking. I am nuts about cinnamon anything and find the flavor goes very well with pork.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 lbs boneless center cut pork loin, butterflied
- white pepper
- 6 slices uncooked thick slab bacon
- Preheat oven to 350*F Heat the peanut oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add the pine nuts and garlic and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add the onion, cilantro, mint, sesame oil and cinnamon to bowl and stir to blend.
- Rub this mixture all over the pork loin.
- Roll the pork loin into a cylinder, tying in places to keep it closed and uniform.
- Season with salt and white pepper; wrap the bacon slices around the meat.
- Place the pork on a roasting rack, set in a medium roasting pan and roast for 50 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 150*F.
- Transfer to a warm platter and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Note that the meat will continue to cook while it rests.
- Slice the pork into 1/4 inch slices and serve.