1 hr 5 mins
Wrapping the pork in bacon adds a smoky flavor to the pork helps to keep the pork moist while cooking. I am nuts about cinnamon anything and find the flavor goes very well with pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 lbs boneless center cut pork loin, butterflied
- white pepper
- 6 slices uncooked thick slab bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F Heat the peanut oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- 2When hot, add the pine nuts and garlic and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- 4Add the onion, cilantro, mint, sesame oil and cinnamon to bowl and stir to blend.
- 5Rub this mixture all over the pork loin.
- 6Roll the pork loin into a cylinder, tying in places to keep it closed and uniform.
- 7Season with salt and white pepper; wrap the bacon slices around the meat.
- 8Place the pork on a roasting rack, set in a medium roasting pan and roast for 50 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 150*F.
- 9Transfer to a warm platter and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 10Note that the meat will continue to cook while it rests.
- 11Slice the pork into 1/4 inch slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Cinnamon Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.1
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 248.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g